Don’t forget to tune into ‘Tin Pan Alley’ on Sky TV presented by the legendary BBC1 Radio DJ Mike Read, and see how MAX gets on! Starts Sunday 1st October.
It’s a great honour to announce I will be taking a break from the Rebecca Ferguson 2016 UK Tour for just one night on the 12th November to support world renowned record producer, Eliot Kennedy at his star studded charity event. The gig will raise funds for ‘Hidden Wounds,’ a division of Help For Heroes…
Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/audio-vulcan-launch-for-eliot-kennedy-s-charity-album-by-daughter-of-tragic-jimi-heselden-1-8130991
The Max-Music Website has been updated & the new Max-Music Shop has been launched ahead of the release of the debut Album, ‘The Time It Takes’ Oct 21st. The Album will coincide with the launch of the new innovative TV series by presenter & legendary Radio 1 DJ Mike Read. ‘Tin Pan Alley,’ is an eight week series focusing on the story of British Songwriters past & present. It’s all about the songwriter & not the singer. It all kicks off on Sat 02nd October on Sky TV – ShowBizTV (Sky 266) …and there’s some huge names in the industry in it! Also, the album launch date ties in the our UK Tour in support of Rebecca Ferguson, set to commence in Llandduno at the Cymru Theatre on the 23rd Oct! So, loads going on, really looking forward to sharing the album with you!
loads of thanks to you all for your support,
So excited to announce the new single ‘Give me All Your Loving‘ is out soon on the 19th August!
#givemeallyourloving video is now available to view online…
For you chance to see Max and his Band perform LIVE on Fri, 11Nov 2016 19:30 with the amazing Rebecca Ferguson Tickets Sheffield, Sheffield City Hall, Sheffield sign up to the Mailing list or simply LIKE the Facebook page.
Had a great day sharing music with @HallamFm and spreading a bit of Happiness on the tram in Sheffield south Yorkshire today.
More Gigs, Radio & TV events to look out for below!
- 26th May: MAX joins Peakfm in Halifax for Happy Valley (More info coming soon)
- June: Max joins Mike Read for the new TV series Tin Pan Alley! Coming to Sky TV soon!
- 10th June: MAX joins PeakFm for the wonderful Local Hero Awards 2016! Proact Stadium http://www.peakfm.co.uk/local-heroes-2016/local-hero-awards-2016/
- 12 June: MAX will be celebrating the Queen’s 90th Birthday on Dore Green S17 (Time TBC)
- 17th June: Strip The Willow- Tickets Now Available: https://www.facebook.com/stripthewillow
- 21st June: MAX is joining the brilliant Mike Armstrong and his Band in Camden, London for Vintage TV- Sky
- 17 July 2016: MAX and the Band are excited to be joining HallamFM for Owls In the Park, Sheffield Wednesday Celebrations (Times TBC)
- 6th August: MAX and the Band are looking forward to performing at Dronfest! Tickets Now On Sale now! http://www.dronfest.co.uk/ Dronfest Music Festival Sheffield Road (behind Sheffield FC) Dronfield, S18 2GD Tel: 07770 584287. Send Message. © 2016 Dronfest Music Festival.
LUGGING an accordion found ‘lying around’ the house, five-year-old Max Restaino settled under the family table one Christmas day and began tickling the keys.
Thirteen years and one rather bold move from his mother later, the singer-songwriter who hails from Sheffield has released his first EP touted by the BBC as a ‘fantastic piece of music’ and recorded with the likes of Gary Barlow, Donny Osmond and Geri Halliwell.
“A lot of my family is from Italy so there was always an accordion lying around the house,” he says before bursting out laughing. “I was about five. I started to play the accordion in my dad’s Italian restaurant around that time. He didn’t even know I was there. I just entertained the customers.”
The accordion well and truly mastered, the autodidact set his sights on the saxophone – he was tutored by a former AC/DC base player who happened to live down the road in Sheffield at the time – the piano, guitar and harmonica…